Sizing can be tough! To help you out, we designed the sizing of first threads clothing to fit your child during the year stated on the size label. For example, a size "one year" should comfortably fit more children over the course of their first year. It will likely fit more generously at the beginning, but as they grow the garment becomes stylishly fitted and truer to the intended look.
For each of our styles you'll find the size and weight of the child modelling the clothing, along with the size of clothing they are actually wearing, and their true age.
We've also created a sizing chart with fairly accurate garment measurements. Use this against existing items you already have in their wardrobe to help guide what you're looking for. And of course, we're here to help! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll assist you with any questions you have about sizing.
||shoulder to hem
Here are two anecdotal scenarios to help you decide sizing:
- typically weighs in the 85th to 90th percentile for age
- average height but solid build
- wears true to age size
- weight & height tend to fall around the 20th percentile for age
- slender with a long torso
- can either wear one age size down or roomy true to age size in tops
- wears one age size down in pants (too slim for the waistband in true to age size)